Im back

Feb 5, 2014
Hello again. I was here last year and you all got me on the right track. Need help again. Just need to know what order to balance the pool. Everything is low and the pool has started to grow algae on the bottom outside edges moving inward. Got the stabilizer ph up shock all ready to go.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I dont have one of those good test test kits I have the dippin strips and everything on it total hardness 250 ok tc 0 fc 0 ph less than 6.2. Stabilzer less than 0

0159127ac7c77f937a82e5ca412ca926.jpg

Just be aware that the numbers on those test kit are very likely wrong. So, anything you add to the pool based on those test results could make your pool worse, not better. Test strips and pool store test results are inherently wrong and often cause more problems than they solve.

Raise PH to 7.2 first with Borax or Soda Ash, run pump 15-20 min and test again. This will probably take several times to get PH to hold. Then, add CYA/stabilizer up to 30-40 ppm in a sock in the skimmer basket. Then right after take chlorine up to about 15 ppm. Test chlorine again in a couple of hours and increase it again. But, you probably don't have a way to test chlorine above 5.

Order a test kit with FAS/DPD chlorine test like the Taylor K-2006 or the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. I use the TF100.

After you get that SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.