1 year old Pentair Intelliflo VSF Pump, flashing power light?

Fcutia12

Sep 4, 2021
Goodyear, Arizona
Hi all!
I have a call into the pool company who built our pool but of course, it’s Labor Day weekend and our pool pump started acting up. The screen is just flashing on and off along with a flashing green light next to the lightening bolt symbol (power button?). Any ideas on what’s going on? This pump and pool is only 1 year old. I appreciate the help!

Attachments

• 1351C7C3-088A-48FB-B1B7-76155A5A5403.png
    1351C7C3-088A-48FB-B1B7-76155A5A5403.png
    597 KB · Views: 5

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welcome to the forum!
Can you provide us some more detail? Which model? Is it controlled by automation? Have you attempted to cycle the power on/off at the circuit breaker?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Fcutia12

Sep 4, 2021
Goodyear, Arizona
Thank you so much. It is a pentair intelliflo VSF. We tried turning it off at the breaker then back on this morning and it is still doing the same thing. I really appreciate your suggestions!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
The green light shows that the pump is powered on. I assume the Start Stop button does not have any effect.

Please confirm that this pump is NOT connected to any type of automation.

Fcutia12

Sep 4, 2021
Goodyear, Arizona
The green light is just flashing on and off right now, the screen is blank besides the backlight going on and off along with the green light next to the power symbol. Non of the buttons are doing anything right now either. No automation is connected to it. Thank you!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
VSF Panel.png

Only reference to what you are seeing in the manual.
If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage at the breaker and at the pump. L1 to L2.

Reactions: Fcutia12

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
What fuse? Only thing should be the circuit breaker. Is it tripped?

Fcutia12

Sep 4, 2021
Goodyear, Arizona
No the circuit breaker isn’t tripped. We tried to switch off and on and no luck. There’s either no power going to the pump anymore or something wrong with the pump now. Only a year old so we are under warranty with pentair.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread