1 Week till the dig. What should I be doing in DFW?

Ok, So I've been lurking and a stalking TFP for almost 2 years and I'm finally gonna take the plunge. I'm a week out before dig. What should I be doing??

View attachment 58703
Welcome to TFP!

That looks like a very inviting area!

You should practice a bit with your FAS/DPD test kit. Using tap water you can check FC, CC, pH, TA, & CH. If this is the water you will fill the pool with, take note of the TA & CH.

You do have a recommended kit, right?

https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison

The best bang for the buck is the TF-100 from TFtestkits ( http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html ). Definitely get the Speed Stir, it makes testing super easy and very repeatable.

Nice to have you 'officially' with us!

HI! I can tell you have been doing a lot of reading! I LOVE your design! The steps being in a cut away like that is awesome! Leaves a good swim lane!

Where are your "real" plans? Lights? returns? equipment?

I see Will has you well covered in what you need to share with us! :hug:

Where is Allen? Can you please add that to your location.

Kim:kim:

That looks like a very nice design. Aside from sharing all the details with us here, I'd focus on getting the site ready for the tornado that's about to tear up your back yard, and everything in between the pool site, and wherever the heavy equipment is going to stage. Move everything you can out of the access lane from the dig site to where the trucks will be. Patio furniture, toys, dog houses, etc. It's much easier to do it now, while the ground is still flat. I'd consider protecting anything that you don't want messed up, as contractors can be "sloppy" at times. If you have any irrigation they have to transit over, you may want to have a plan in place in the likely event it gets damaged. Oh, and make sure you have a long enough hose to get from your hose bib that will allow you to water the pool once the gunite is shot. You'll probably be spending a couple weeks watering the shell.

That should keep you busy for a couple minutes anyway..;)

Beach advice was spot on pre dig! I didn't consider moving my patio furniture on my out of the way covered patio and I just looked at it last night and it was dirty and looks like I need new cushions [emoji20][emoji36]
We would also love to here the specs of your pool and the equipment.
Once they form the pool before the dig go out and measure and make sure it's at least 1-2 feet larger on each side. You going to have steel and gunite that will bring the size back to what your contract states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If not included in your contract, and if you haven't done it yet, you need to start on your landscape plan. What type of plants? Irrigation needs, landscape lighting and if it will be DC or Solar. If DC lighting, you will need a power source for it. Where is the power source going to be and how difficult will it be to access it? (hint, add a spot for that to your pool sub panel).

Plan it down to the last tree, bush, flower, leaf and blade of grass and sprinkler head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.