Did you rinse it after the ahh-some treatment? Did you run the pumps for 10-15 seconds after you emptied it? It might just be me residual ahh-some left over.
I sometimes have to fill it and empty it again.
Did you bring it up to slam levels before ahh-some?
What's funny, is mine is the reverse of yours. I had 1500ppm and had to take it down to 1100ppm. I couldn't get my FC low enough.
My next drain and fill I might even try 950ish
That info should come with the manual [emoji53]
Make sure you get the 872 reagent with your Taylor test kit.
871 is for chlorine
872 is for bromine
They will test close but the chlorine will sometimes be off by 1ppm
If you have an Ozone generator, try to keep your bromine between 2-4.
No Ozone, 3-5
It's a pita with the cartridges and you...
With your high cc you should leave it open for a couple hours, if you get a sunny day. It will help burn it off. But it also says you might have something going on. Maybe the SWG is working and the fc is just getting consumed.
Keep a close eye on it.
I'm not great with the calculating, but let's try and work through it
"add 0.00013 ounces per gallon to raise the chlorine by 1 ppm"
.00013 x 450 gallons = 0.0585 ounces
If you want 4 ppm
4 x 0.0585 = 0.234 ounces
.234 ounces = 6.5770894 grams
That would be for your regular maintenance...
I'm pretty sure you would have to blow out the lines. I think you could have more damage if things freeze.
I live in NY and I would be worried if the temps were getting into the freezing range and my heater wasn't working. I haven't had to deal with that yet...
What the tech explained to me is that the salt ppm has a direct relation to the sanatizer produced.
You can't go too low or too high because it might not work. My SWG has a low conductivity /high conductivity warning. But a couple ppm should be fine. Worth a shot.
Salt can make a difference. I had 1500ppm, from the manual. And I couldn't get the generator low enough. I called the company and they told me to get it to 1100ppm. That worked..
Y not yet adding 3/400ppm
Mine is a 24 hour circulator pump. Low dose all day. Keeps it in the 3/4 ppm range. When...
Unfortunately if you disconnected everything from the board and the gfi trips, it most likely is the board.
One other thing to try is:
With the power OFF, disconnect main wires feeding the board. Tape them well with electrical tape. Make sure they are clear from any ground or metal parts...
My board has plus for everything, heater, pumps, lights... Unplug 1 at a time and turn the breaker on for each. When it doesn't trip, you know where your problem is. If you unplug everything, it could be your main board.
With the breaker off remove the wires going to the spa. Verify you have the right side and they are not live before attempting this.
Then try to reset the breaker. If it trips, replace the breaker, if it doesn't you have a problem in the spa.
That's the first step
You can remove the cover where your electronics are. It should have a wiring diagram. Look if it says Ozone generator.
Look at the components inside the tub. See if any say Ozone generator.
Or just shoot for 4. It's in range either way. [emoji846]