ordering a posts

gtm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
Hello all,

I would like that the posts in any individual thread would order from the most recent reply DOWN to the original post. This is mainly because I try to monitor all the new posts and it would save a LOT of scrolling downwards.

Is there a way to change the default ordering? I looked in the user area for a "preferences" sort of option, but didn't find anything. Maybe I missed it?

Thanks, Gary

Thanks duraleigh,

When I do that all the various new posts are indeed in the order that I would like, but what I'm wondering is about changing the order within a thread, such as this one. That is, when you see this one, you'll see my first message, then your reply, then this message. I'd sort of like them in the opposite order ...

Thanks for the reply. I've read a lot of your posts and have learned a lot. Looking forward to reading more!

Cheers, Gary

gtm said:
Thanks duraleigh,

When I do that all the various new posts are indeed in the order that I would like, but what I'm wondering is about changing the order within a thread, such as this one. That is, when you see this one, you'll see my first message, then your reply, then this message. I'd sort of like them in the opposite order ...

Thanks for the reply. I've read a lot of your posts and have learned a lot. Looking forward to reading more!

Cheers, Gary

When you're looking at the "view new posts" link from the home page, in the far right column it shows the most recent post. There is a little rectangle next to the member's name. If you click on it, it takes you to the last post, instead of starting at the top and having to scroll thru.

frustratedpoolmom said:
When you're looking at the "view new posts" link from the home page, in the far right column it shows the most recent post. There is a little rectangle next to the member's name. If you click on it, it takes you to the last post, instead of starting at the top and having to scroll thru.

I do not see any little rectangle near the member's name. This sounds like a nice feature, but I can't seem to figure this out? Is there a setting that I need to change?

Riles

Riles_J said:
frustratedpoolmom said:

I do not see any little rectangle near the member's name. This sounds like a nice feature, but I can't seem to figure this out? Is there a setting that I need to change?

Riles

Are you in the "view new posts" link from the home page? If yes, the "last post" column is far right. Next to the member's name is an arrow -> and a rectangle.

Riles_J said:
In this post this is all I see: (No other characters, symbols or anything.) Am I looking in the right spot?

Last post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:40 am
by Butterfly

It is not an option (located) inside a post.

After you log on, select "view new posts" button/link located under your avatar on the home page. Once there, you will see the symbols we are talking about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.