Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Pool soon after construction last summer

A deck is going on this end as soon as the frost goes out. The uprights to the left are the solar panel racks with 3/4 of the panels up.

12.jpg

this next view shows shower setup - deck steps will come down next to shower
13.jpg

this shot shows how awesome clear the water stayed all summer long!
14.jpg

Final shot shows family enjoying the pool (every day all summer!)
15.jpg

Speaking as a northern NY boy, that looks right at home to me. Very nice!

Got me thinking too: Whenever anyone mentions Minnesota to me, one of the first things I think of is 'cold'. And as this is an above ground pool, and exposed to the elements as it is, I got to wondering if anyone's ever considered insulating the sides of the pool? Seems to me maintaining heat would be a huge issue. It's enough of a concern for me here in Upstate NY, that I would seriously look at insulating an inground as well.

But a solar blanket just seems inadequate for the temperature swings the pool must see.

(edit) This also got me on to Google to dig into it some, so I'm covering that angle. Just wondering if there are any real-world thoughts/experiences on it.

Let's try again since the new posts were lost in the upgrade. Here is the new deck on the pool - finally levelled. You can see the steps assembled and sitting up there waiting for drop in today. The picnic table with umbrella is up in the corner - deck box with seat top is next to it.

10.jpg

Lovely job. Aren't those steps great? We have the Royal Entrance and what a difference from the original ladder we bought with the pool. You don't know how loudly a 50+, large, woman with arthritic knees can yelp when she is faced with her head being 10 ft. in the air wondering how the heck to get out of the pool :oops:
The little deck and stairs came the next day, now all is well in pool land, except of course, for my high levels of CYA, but that's another story...

Oh thanks! The deck is 16'widex14'out. I am very happy with it. We finished the lattice around the deck steps today after putting in the pool steps. Too bad we can't do anything about the light pole, but it is what it is - and that was the only place to put the pool so we live with it there.

DH is DONE - (he said that today, that he's no longer my slave for this year, he's DONE - lol, just wait) We got the steps in, hooked up the solar panels but guess who didn't drain them good enough last fall? DH!!! It was like we were trying to bring down the ALK or something the fountains were a-plenty!!! Like a sprinkler system! So, I just ordered a new replacement 4x20 5 mins ago (the other new 4x20 works fine - should have just ordered them together!) So we only have 80sqft of panel running until the replacements arrive.

Put my salt in, cleaned some more and was IN the pool (brrr - 70 deg only) I had to try and get those steps just right on the vinyl - picky me. But I am happy - the pool is basically ready to rock and roll for the season now (a bit cool, but ready)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.