Starting a new pool "Skimmer elevation issues. Is this an acceptable adjustment”

At this point I need options. Skimmer is set, I do not think changing the elevation is an option. The mortar they used to buildup the shotcrete to get the tile to waterline I assume would be failure point in the future. I am thinking they will need to add some tile below the skimmer opening and I will need to run the water level lower to match the skimmer opening not the tile. If I run the water level 2” below top of skimmer opening, I would be 1” below center of tile. Will skimmer operate properly at 1” above normal?

If I understand you correctly, yes the skimmer will work 1” above the normal level. Where you run into problems is when the water level is too low and a chance of sucking air into the plumbing.
The issue I am concerned with is the 30+ degree slope into the skimmer opening. They used Mortar to build up the pool shell to match the bottom of the waterline tile. I am adding new photo to better show the issue. Wider shot to show more perspective.

Attachments

• Skimmer.jpg
    Skimmer.jpg
    870.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    975.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: