Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Last edited:
Any timer recommendations and also I have to plumb the swg out post heater where the water is going back to the pool but I feel like it needs more piping like it’s too short

Sorry this house situation is stressful

Please don't shoot the messenger, but if you add a VS pump to the project, you can run 24/7 and not need the timer.

I wouldn't consider not running 24/7 at my primary home and 100X that at a part time home. You won't be there to know it needed more filtering or skimming. Run the FC hot and let it keep it topped off around the clock. It what matter what happens, or when.

I feel like it needs more piping like it’s too short
*Ed McMann voice*
You are correct sir !!

Screenshot_20240510_193606_Chrome.jpg

Or to the right. I don't know which one is which.

Please don't shoot the messenger, but if you add a VS pump to the project, you can run 24/7 and not need the timer.

I wouldn't consider not running 24/7 at my primary home and 100X that at a part time home. You won't be there to know it needed more filtering or skimming. Run the FC hot and let it keep it topped off around the clock. It what matter what happens, or when.

*Ed McMann voice*
You are correct sir !!

View attachment 571859

Or to the right. I don't know which one is which.
That is one possibility but im not sure they are going to go for that.. also I think they will be there most of the summer months when the pool is open. I just prefer to convert to SWG so they don't have to drag gallons and gallons of chemicals and constantly treat it. yes it needs chemicals but I put no where near as many in my SWG pool as my neighbors do with their regular chlorinated, and their pool always looks cloudy lol

ya not sure which line it is either honestly idk how im gonna figure that one out either lol I guess process of elimination

edit: just zoomed into the picture and the inlet is left so of course the one that will be more of a PITA to do with less space is outlet lol

Last edited:
course the one that will be more of a PITA to do with less space is outlet lol
Then go up instead of over. The only hangup is the flow switch needs 'upflow' so gravity can't close it when it fails. The cell can go on the down side.

Screenshot_20240511_075633_Chrome.jpg