Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey .. building a new pool and need help

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey .. building a new pool and need help

Hello everyone. I was looking for a website that will help me design the overflow duct for my swimming pool, which is being built as we speak.

We are building a pool with a perimeter overflow. We are not using a 6 inch linear drainage. We opted for the new sleek look, where only a one inch duct is available between the deck and the pool. The pool is 11.5 ft by 36 ft. Depth is 4.6 ft.

This sleek design is new for our builder, never done one before. He is used to building the 6 inch linear drainage for the overflow.

We need help in how to build this:
    1. Is a one inch gap between the swimming pool and the deck enough for the overflow of water? Wouldn't water spill over the deck?
    2. From photos on Google, there doesn't seem to be a linear drainage cover installed over the one inch duct/channel. Is that only an illusion? The one inch channel looks like it is opened with no cover.
    3. How deep should the overflow channel be? We are thinking of building a 2 inch channel in width, with 4 inch in depth, then when fixing the deck tiles we plan to leave a 1 inch gap uncovered for the overflow. Will that work?

Please let me know if what we are planning is acceptable? Any help designing this duct/channel is appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Hey .. building a new pool and need help

HI! That sounds neat! I wonder if you post a link to some of the pools you have been looking at someone on here will have an idea.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!