I just bought an intex 10ft x 30inch pop up pool to beat the 90+ degree heat. This is the first time I've had any kind of pool that holds more that 2 inches of water.
My question is, do I really need chlorine and a test kit?! It is such a small pool that it seems odd that I would need to regulate it so closely. I am the only one who uses the pool, and will have it for about two months. I run the filter everyday for a few hours.
Also, I've seen the suggestion to put 1/2 a cup of bleach in the pool instead of chlorine. Is this safe to do? And if so, how long should I wait until I get back in? And how often should that be done?
Thanks everyone! Hope you are staying cool this summer!