Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New 10ftx30in pop up pool help!

1. Back To Top    #1

New 10ftx30in pop up pool help!

Hi everyone,

I just bought an intex 10ft x 30inch pop up pool to beat the 90+ degree heat. This is the first time I've had any kind of pool that holds more that 2 inches of water.

My question is, do I really need chlorine and a test kit?! It is such a small pool that it seems odd that I would need to regulate it so closely. I am the only one who uses the pool, and will have it for about two months. I run the filter everyday for a few hours.

Also, I've seen the suggestion to put 1/2 a cup of bleach in the pool instead of chlorine. Is this safe to do? And if so, how long should I wait until I get back in? And how often should that be done?

Thanks everyone! Hope you are staying cool this summer!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Garner ,NC

Re: New 10ftx30in pop up pool help!

Bleach is chlorine....I am no expert but think you would have to do pretty much the same thing as a larger pool to keep it clean and safe . I am sure the experts can help you they are really great on this site it has helped me a lot..... good luck
    13,995 gallons 24 X 52 / above ground pool.../.SWG/ sand filter/ vinyl liner

3. Back To Top    #3

Arab, Alabama

Welcome to TFP! It appears that you should follow our guide on Seasonal and Temporary Pools. Follow that guide and you should be good to go!
    39YO 13K gallon former SWAMP/MONEY PIT, concrete bottom/Fiberglass Walls, Ecotech VS pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Dolphin DX5 Plus, Loop-Loc safety cover and YES, I have a TFT-100 test kit!

Shock Level and Maintain - Procedure

4. Back To Top    #4

+1 on jaducks comment. Use our season temporary guide, and welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr