Preventing backflow

Ke

Sep 29, 2007
Toronto
I have an electronic water filler. The water supply from the solenoid is connected to the return pipe(after the pump), the inexperience PB installed a regular solenoid, not the anti-siphon type. I plan to replace it with an anti-siphon type, for extra protection against back flow from the pool water, I plan to install an inline check valve, should I install it after or before the solenoid? How about one after and one before? It never hurts to install extra check valves, right?

The important thing is to have an anti-siphon valve mounted above the maximum water level of the pool somewhere in the sequence, before, after, or part of the solenoid doesn't mater. Check valves and anti-siphon valves are not exactly the same thing, though they will have related effects. Adding the check valves won't hurt, but it is the anti-siphon valve you really need.

Thanks for the reply. The output from the solenoid is connected to the pool return pipe via a T-joint, after the pump, so there will be some kind of back pressure from the running pool water. I am worried that the anti-siphon solenoid is not "strong" enough to go against the back pressure, therefore I plan to install a check-valve after the anti-siphon solenoid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.