Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this ????

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this ????

New to the Pool game ... We left on Vacation for a couple weeks and come back to these things in our pool ? I can't find anything on google images that resemble it besides a rat tail maggot and it doesn't really look like it ... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436060459.540660.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this ????

Bump any help ?

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it an actual creature? Looks like a wad of packing tape to me.
    25000-gallon semi-public IG concrete/plaster pool, Triton II sand filter
    750-gallon semi-public IG concrete/plaster spa, cartridge filter
    Volunteer pool caretaker for my condominium complex

4. Back To Top    #4

Used every Google search term I could think of, I got nothing
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

5. Back To Top    #5

I googled "what is that thing in heyhey44's pool" and google said it was either an alien or the lochness monster!

Really? That is a live animal? How weird!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Lmao ... I'm serious my wife found like 15-20 of these things she FREAKED out .. I came out and there were abunch of these in the net their head is hollow looking but the tail thing is legit looks like some kind of MegaSpermish / Jelly fish I don't know what the **** it is ? And don't know if I want to know

7. Back To Top    #7

What does it feel like? Smell?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

What?!?!? Nobody is touching that! Eeekkk!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks like a piece of a plastic bag.

10. Back To Top    #10

WHAT?????? I would SO touch it! I would have some bleach water in a bowl to put my hand in but yeah.........I would touch it. I would smell it also BUT NO I would NOT taste it LOL I do draw the line there!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

does it really look like a living (was) thing as opposed to trash. Yuck you go vacation and alien spawn in your pool?

- - - Updated - - -

bleached out tapeworm??
    Gunite/plaster pool w/spa built 1983, 17,000 gal. (depth 3' x 6' x 3') (37' X 16' +spa, stairs & large in-pool bench seat). Arneson (now Hayward) pool vac (rebuilt 3 or 4 times over 30 years), 350k BTU (nat gas) XE heater (in need of a serious herbal cleansing lol), 2HP Marathon pump & filter basket, DE filter NSS-48, air pump for spa bubbles, one skimmer plus in-line filter Hayward CANISTER W560 to the pool vac. Re-plastered May 2013 reinforced quartz (Marbletite) Diamond Bright. Test kit: Taylor K-2006; Bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

Mmmm, sushi.
    TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

This is the head view .. Kinda hollow looking .. You can see more of them in the background ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436121753.867615.jpg

14. Back To Top    #14

That is insane! Gets me every time.
    TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #15
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

I'm going nuts over here! Do you touch it yet? Does it feel like it was ever living? How long is it? If only 1/2 to 2", it could be a hydra. It looks bigger though. Did you ever see any of them alive and moving?

I'm guessing that it's not organic. Maybe a neighbor built something and the trash got caught in the wind.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

16. Back To Top    #16

Remnant from last night's fireworks?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

17. Back To Top    #17

They were found prior to the fireworks and they were all sizes but mostly 1 inch - 2 inches my wife made me throw the whole net and everything away lol I'm thinking I need to retrieve it and contact someone to identify what exactly it is ! I felt like stuff was crawling all over me last night after seeing them !

18. Back To Top    #18

Yeah, ya'll should probably move outta town! LOL!!!
    TFP Moderator

19. Back To Top    #19
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Check with your local extension office and speak to the Agriculture and Natural resources agent or call Department of Natural resources.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

20. Back To Top    #20

Um, pick it up and touch it, serious a good place to start.
    My pool: 13,500 gallons round pool, 24' w 52" above ground, hard sided pool. Jacuzzi 190L Sand Filter, 1 Horse Waterway pump, Robotic Vacuum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast