Spa Pack Voltage

Jun 15, 2008
S.E. Wisconsin
So far the plan was to run the Pinnacle Spa Pack for my project on 120v because I thought that was all I had. Turns out the extra wire that runs to our garage ad then seems to go nowhere is actually a 220v line that someone ran and never connected to anything. With this new opportunity comes new questions. In the Spa pack there's a switch that goes between 120 and 240v. Is flipping this to 240 all I need to do to get this thing to run? Will my current pump, which will run (both high and low speed) on 110 also run on 120?

Thanks, Adam

If your pump is convertible to 220, it will say 110/220 on the label. For the pack, you'll have to wire the red and white separately (L2 and N, instead of both tied to N) and then flip the 110/220 switch. From what I can tell on the wiring diagram, the only thing that will switch to 220v is the heater. The pump will stay at 110v. Might want to double check it before you plug in the pump though, just in case.

Thanks, I was just looking at the pump a few min. ago. It only said 120v but I assume if the spa pack was designed to run on 110 or 220 the pump SHOULD be compatable with both. I just looked at the Operation Manual(on pdf) and it doesn't really show any wiring diagrams other than the ones that illustrate how to connect it to the power. Is there some other manual that contains this info?

On a side note, the pump has a sticker on it that says 1.5 HP and .18 SPL. The other sticker on the pump with the model number, operating voltage(110v), amps, and all that other stuff just has dashes where the HP and Service Factor are supposed to be. I was told this pump was 1 HP. Does that sticker back this info up?

Man, I can't wait until the snow melts so I can finish this thing!!!!

Thanks,
Adam

The SPL bit stands for "split phase" and just means that you've got a two speed pump. The sticker that says that is probably from the pump manufacturer, not the motor manuf., so I'd assume that is your market horsepower. Your motor is probably a 1HP full-rated.

Here's the wiring diagram: [attachment=0:1edlwd4j]26112.pdf[/attachment:1edlwd4j]

Since it labels the pump 110v only on the diagram, it seems that the only thing the 220v conversion will change is the hot leg to the heater. Which is fine, that's the component you really want to change.

Attachments

• 26112.pdf
    204.6 KB · Views: 11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.