Summer Rains.....

Apr 6, 2015
Orlando
I live in Orlando and it rains quite a lot lately. For some reason my Pool does not keep CYA, it always lowers somehow actually so i guess thats good? so we have been adding one 3 inch clorox trichlor puck a week which seems to have been doing the trick. Next thing you know its a war. pool goes green everywhere. Brushed it and dumped a bag of cal hypo. Pool starts clearing up and its looking good, did not get a chance to clean the filter yet due to the thunder storm. 1 storm later and the pool is getting green even after adding 3 pucks, my CYA is 45. argh

Hey neighbor! Yes, the rain has been a bit of a challenge for me too but only because it rains about 20 minutes after I get home from work, which means the kids are in for about five minutes before they hear thunder and get out.

My CYA also goes down but that is because I keep it at 30...barely. I maintain a FC level around 4-5 and I do not have any issues with algae, even with the rain. I am using 10% chlorine from PaP and it is constantly fed when the pump is running for 5.5 hours each day.

Once you get your algae cleaned up by SLAMming, You might consider keeping your FC a bit higher than you have been.

I live in Orlando and it rains quite a lot lately. For some reason my Pool does not keep CYA, it always lowers somehow actually so i guess thats good? so we have been adding one 3 inch clorox trichlor puck a week which seems to have been doing the trick. Next thing you know its a war. pool goes green everywhere. Brushed it and dumped a bag of cal hypo. Pool starts clearing up and its looking good, did not get a chance to clean the filter yet due to the thunder storm. 1 storm later and the pool is getting green even after adding 3 pucks, my CYA is 45. argh
You have not stated your FC level. You should post a full set of test results (FC, CC, CYA, pH, TA & CH) and which test kit you are using.

Also, please add your pool details to your signature, see mine as an example.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.