Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: water lose

1. Back To Top    #1

water lose

I have a 18x33 inground oval pool. Approx 30,000 gal. I have been losing about 3/4 inch {about 300 gal] a day. Two pool guys have checked and I had an experienced diver spend two hrs in the pool. He checked all the plumbing, including the main drain, the steps and all the return lines. No one can find any reason. There are no soft spots or other telltale signs in the liner. I wish someone would invent a "stop leak" to run in the pool. Has anyone had this?
    30kgal;IG vinyl [20yrs old+];1.5hp Century Centurion pump.Sand filter fm W. Cooper Ind. with Praher multiport valve. Model # TM-12-L. Polaris 280 Vac.

2. Back To Top    #2

Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: water lose

Quote Originally Posted by kmil38261 View Post
    I have a 18x33 inground oval pool. Approx 30,000 gal. I have been losing about 3/4 inch {about 300 gal] a day. Two pool guys have checked and I had an experienced diver spend two hrs in the pool. He checked all the plumbing, including the main drain, the steps and all the return lines. No one can find any reason. There are no soft spots or other telltale signs in the liner. I wish someone would invent a "stop leak" to run in the pool. Has anyone had this?
    They do: FIX A LEAK - Pools

Circa 1981 30' x 15' 20k plaster, 1-1/4 HP AquaPro APEXV1 pump, Jacuzzi MFM 20 Sand filter, 1 skimmer, 2 returns, one main drain (piped to skimmer) 1.5" piping.
    TF-100 with SpeedStir.