Re: Installing our first framed pool, an AG 18 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame, western WA

Jul 4, 2015
St. Louis mo
Re: Installing our first framed pool, an AG 18 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame, western WA

Hi, my name is Rita
We just purchased a 16x48 Intex Ultra Frame Pool. We live in St Louis Mo. our summers can be very hot & humid. We are really having a tough time! We first bought a 16x36 quick set intex pool. We leveled the ground and filled. It was so uneven we had to drain. Then we rented a tiller to make sure we had level ground. We then added soil and sand. We double checked and the ground was level. We then tried again with the same results. I then boxed it up and returned it to the store. We then purchased a summer escape 16x42 pro series pool. While waiting for it to stop raining here, I started reading reviews on the brand Summer Escapes (bad reviews). I then researched Intex and decided to go with the ultra frame 16x48 Intex. Once again we made sure the ground was level and started again. Pretty easy to install. The pool is now filled and it is about 4 in lower on one side. Is there anything I can do other than draining the water AGAIN and starting over? The kids are in it and playing. My concern is the area where the water comes out from the filter is only half way covered. Will this create a problem? The other area that the water goes thru is covered completely with water. My son and I thought about getting a hydraulic jack and pumping up the 3 poles which seem to be the lower ones. Thought we could then put 4 in pavers under just those poles? Anybody have any other suggestions or know if this way can be done? I would really appreciate any feedback. All I wanted to do is be able to lay on my raft, get a little tan, relax and have a few Malibu Rum/pineapple drinks. LOL

Rita,
You need to have the pool leveled. The pool could collapse which would be a dangerous situation. The pool return needs to be below the water. If the return is above the water that can lead to a PH problem with your water because of aeration. Click on the link in my signature, this is my pool build for an intex pool like yours. It is not hard to do but does require some work. Generally speaking when you are leveling, you dig down to level instead of adding dirt to the lower levels. When you add dirt it tends to wash away ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.