Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lion Grills

1. Back To Top    #1

Lion Grills

Anyone here put in a Lion grill? I'm looking specifically at the L75000 unit.
    It looks great value for a decent quality grill so wondering if anyone has any feedback on it?
    It's 304-16 gauge SS, cast stainless burners (4@15K BTU + 15K rotisserie) and has a griddle plate option which is very attractive to me as I use a griddle a lot.

I think it's between this and the Bull Angus for my needs. The Lion is available a little cheaper but from the specs they both look comparable.

Appreciate any thoughts - I did a search on here and couldn't come up with much...
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lion Grills

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Rooooaaaaaaarrrrrrr?
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, we bought the 75000 model too. It's currently in its box, stashed in the master bedroom. We're hoping for installation in the next 3 weeks - the build is currently ON!

5. Back To Top    #5

I just had a outdoor kitchen built and it came with a Lion LP grill. Not sure of the model, but I think its the same one you got. So far I love it! Just took it all apart to clean it, we use it all the time.

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bull jr View Post
    Very nice!
    In the end I'm going with a Bull Angus. Mainly because my outdoor kitchen builder uses them a lot. I'd've been happy with either the Lion or the Bull to be honest based on what I've seen/heard.

8. Back To Top    #8

I found this while researching....
    BBQ Grill Fireplace / Indio, CA

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Nivenboug View Post
    I found this while researching....
    BBQ Grill Fireplace / Indio, CA
    I saw this posted elsewhere on the site. Considering most of the comments appear to be purely baseless opinion with little to no justification of their comments (for example they criticize Chinese engineering but never state what it is that they are criticizing about the engineering) I would tend to take the whole page with a pinch of salt and rely more on the thousands of reviews available by real users for most of the products that they list.

10. Back To Top    #10

I have a lion (dont remember the model). I have an old friend in the outdoor industry, he told me lion is the same as an american model (dont remember who but someone like napoleon). He said it is designed and engineered in US, but is put together in china for lower cost version of the american model. Had a great warranty so I went with it. I absolutely love it! I will tell you my brother-inlaw used it for the first time the other day, he had some other grill and he said he loved it and had never seen a grill get as hot as mine.

Ill give kudos to their support as well. I was not quite sure on the searing burner if it should have the flame plate over it. I didn't think it should but my wife wasn't happy with the drippings going direct on the searing burner. I emailed Lion and got a detailed response back within 1 hour telling me to remove the flame plate as it will heat better and wow does it. A burger on this searing burner will sear in 1 minute each side.

Also, you can add-on a rotisserie. Never had one, but will never go without again. Just did a pork roast on it and removed the grates, placed a pan with wood chips soaking in water under it. Smoked it like that for about 4 hours and WOW was it great!

I personally have nothing to compare to as prior to this built in, I only had stand alone cheap grills from big box stores, but so far im very impressed.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG