Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to calculate output from lbs to FC

1. Back To Top    #1

How to calculate output from lbs to FC

The Circupool brochure that came with my SWG says it (SI-45+) can output up to 2.1lbs of CL per day...how do I translate that to determine what the expected FC input per day? I'm also assuming that's with the device at 100%...
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to calculate output from lbs to FC

Ues effects of adding chemicals and choose chlorine gas.

3. Back To Top    #3

14 FC per day at 100% in a pool your size.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    14 FC per day at 100% in a pool your size.
    or 0.58ppm per hour at 100%
    bring fc up to 3ppm with bleach or similar
    then i would start at 5 hours run time at 100%
    measure daily and adjust every third day until you find the level your pool likes
    SWG inground peanut shaped eco-bright concrete pool
    50,000 litres 13,000 gallons
    Lincoln Salt Chlorinator, 25 gram cell Sand Filter with glass media
    Taylor K2006-C test kit, Taylor K-1766 salt test, Dolphin M500 pool cleaner
    are you taking care of your pool or is the poolshop taking care of you

5. Back To Top    #5

You could also type into a regular Google search "2.1 pounds per 17400 gallons in milligrams per liter" and you will get "14.4618102 milligrams per liter".
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek View Post
    You could also type into a regular Google search "2.1 pounds per 17400 gallons in milligrams per liter" and you will get "14.4618102 milligrams per liter".
    Note that that will only work for certain chemicals, such as chlorine gas, salt and pure cyanuric acid. It won't work for other types of chlorine, bicarb, calcium chloride, boric acid etc.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by aussieta View Post
    or 0.58ppm per hour at 100%
    bring fc up to 3ppm with bleach or similar
    then i would start at 5 hours run time at 100%
    measure daily and adjust every third day until you find the level your pool likes
    Thanks---I just took this and calculated out the various percentages and made a chart to base numbers vs run times and cell settings!
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

8. Back To Top    #8

Why not convert lb to oz then divide by 24 to get oz/hour. Plug result in pool math to determine fc added to pool. Multiply by run time for total fc. Thats what I did and then made a quick reference chart.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).