Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing Paver Sealer in Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing Paver Sealer in Pool

I just had my pool deck pavers clean and sealed. Now the is an considerable amount of paver sealer in the pool water; the water is cloudy from fine parts of the white paver sealer. The paver company said just to run the filter 24 hours a day for several days to remove the sealer. I have been skimmer the large clumps with a with a fine mesh skimmer pole. I also put on a skimmer sock. Would a water clarifier also help?
    13'x27', 15,000 gal, in ground, 1-skimmer, spa - 1000 gal, Pentair EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear CC200 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 heater, IntelliChol Chlorine Generator, IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Removing Paver Sealer in Pool

I would suggest a clarifier. They are designed to clump particles so they drop to the bottom and can be vacuumed.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Removing Paver Sealer in Pool

I know this is a necro of an old thread. But I just had this problem and a ton of Google searching really only led me to this post. I just had Paver Sealer in my pool and it was a mess, tons of bubbles, etc. Found this post, added some "first aid" clarifier, and the problem was gone in 24 hours. Wanted to follow this up for the next guy.