Wall Whale Brush

That is a good deal!

Anyone also use it to brush the bottom of the pool and if so, is it easier?

Just wondering. :-D

The Wall Whale rocks, pure and simple! It makes brushing the pool MUCH easier as you no longer have to apply pressure to hold the brush against the surface. The "wing" does that part of the work for you. It's one of the best things we've ever bought for our pool. :)

I got one about a month ago and love it. It has different settings depending on how much resistance you want. I do all of my pool, including the bottom, on the center setting and it works fine. As per the instructions, if you have too much resistance doing the bottom you can move to a lower setting, but I haven't found that to be necessary. It is definitely a little harder to push on the bottom that down the sides, but I don't find it to be a problem.

After reading all the glowing reviews of the wall whale here and on other sites, I got one as well (from Leslies with a 25% off deal and free shipping). It certainly lives up to it's name. I find it works exceptionally well on the walls, but not as well on the bottom. I know that this is true of any brush, but I find the fin a little hard to maneuver on the bottom, but manageable.

I am in the process of doing 2x/day brushing on my new DiamondBrite, so I'm getting a lot of use out of the guy. I was a little surprised at the quality of the actual brush itself. Everyone raves about the product, but I find the actual brush to be medium quality. I would be willing to pay a little more for a higher quality brush and maybe a little heavier duty latching system. It seems to me like it may give out rather quickly.

I'll be sure to post back after a few more weeks of heavy usage and report how it's holding up.

Overall, highly recommended. It's a low cost solution that really does deliver on it's promise.

http://theaustindude.blogspot.com/

el duderino, try adjusting the angle of the "fin". Mine was set pretty steep when I first bought it, which made it very aggressive at pushing the brush against the pool. The pseudo-triangular block on the back of the fin can be moved further away from the brush to lessen the angle. That makes it far easier to use on the bottom. :) Gently squeeze the sides and it will release from the two holes that it's attached to. Move it away from the brush a few notches. Test if it's working better and if not, rinse and repeat. :wink:

HarryH3 said:
el duderino, try adjusting the angle of the "fin". Mine was set pretty steep when I first bought it, which made it very aggressive at pushing the brush against the pool. The pseudo-triangular block on the back of the fin can be moved further away from the brush to lessen the angle. That makes it far easier to use on the bottom. :) Gently squeeze the sides and it will release from the two holes that it's attached to. Move it away from the brush a few notches. Test if it's working better and if not, rinse and repeat. :wink:

I've messed with the fin quite a bit. It definitely helps! However, I think the problem is really just inherent with all brushes. It's hard to keep it down (weight) and the angle always seems a little off.

They need to come up with a brush that is weighted and has a swivel, so it's always parallel with the surface being brushed.

As you can tell, I spend a lot of time thinking about these things as I brush :-D

http://theaustindude.blogspot.com/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a WallWhale brush (plastic/nylon bristles) and like it a lot but I need to use a stainless steel brush to get best results on my older plaster (with some scaling). A while back I saw a device that attaches to any brush that gives similar assistance that the fin on the WW gives.

I finally stumbled up on it. :whoot: Brush Booster And I ordered it yesterday. Here's the link at InTheSwim. Only cost 9.99 clearance price, down from 19.99. I ordered enough other things to get free shipping so not sure what shipping would be for the one item.

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Equipment/Pool-Cleaning-Equipment/Brush-Booster/

Sure hope it works well as I'm starting AA treatment tonight and hoping to get some of the scale to loosen during process.

gg=alice

Casey said:
That is a good deal!

Anyone also use it to brush the bottom of the pool and if so, is it easier?

Just wondering. :-D

I got my Wall Whale brush for free! :mrgreen: It's awesome! :cool:

My Brush Booster came in yesterday. :-D I'll give it a tryout today if I can squeeze out a few minutes between our two games, Vikings then Cowboys. We delay games so please don't post any scores, info, etc. :wink:

BB doesn't have any adjustment like on the WW. It actually attaches to the pole using a plastic extension. BTW... the manager at Pool Store, the one who is so supportive of my going BBB, is very conservative and cautious in many ways. He was in the field for years. When I mentioned using the BB with SS brush he became alarmed. He got a WW out and explained to me how to keep it on the very low resistance setting so as not to damage finish, even using the plastic brush WW. He said the most resistance setting he would recommend would be the middle setting. Just reporting what he said. I can't confirm or deny what he said.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.