Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refilled pool - any help appreciated

1. Back To Top    #1

Refilled pool - any help appreciated

Hi Everyone,

I have a 30' 52" AG pool and put in a new liner. I have had pool filled for about 4 days now and have not added anything to it yet. Had to get a new pump/filter and just got it going yesterday.

FC - 2.5
    CC - 1
    TC - 3.5
    PH - 7.8
    TA - 130
    CH - did not test
    CYA - Filled tube full and could still see dot - did this test twice

How do I find out what my target readings should be for my pool to use on the pool math calculator?

Any help on what I should do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
    30' 52" AG pool, Sand Filter, Pool Rover Hybrid, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Refilled pool - any help appreciated

Hi Kelvin,
    all your readings are not too bad considering new water.
    FC good
    pH, a tad high, but not to high.
    TA is ok for now.
    CH not needing in Vinyl liner pools
    CYA - you need to get some in there so that your FC isnt burned up too quickly by UV from the sun.

Here is a link to recommended levels.
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Dave ! The link is exactly what I was looking for. Going to add stabilizer now.
    30' 52" AG pool, Sand Filter, Pool Rover Hybrid, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

cheers Kelvin,
    Happy 4th!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, looking pretty good to start off. One more link about Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.

A little more about TA and PH, they are interrelated. It is important to keep PH between 7.2 and 7.8. Your TA is a little high and could cause your PH to tend to rise. So keep an eye on PH and when it gets to 7.8 add muriatic acid to lower it to 7.2. This will slowly lower TA until they reach an equilibrium.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach