Newbie/build questions

1eberk

Mar 15, 2015
Keller,X
Hi all, I will be moving to Keller TX next week and will start talking with pool builders for quotes to build ASAP :) I will be using this site religiously to be sure I do things right. I have a general idea of what I want but would love any advice ya'll could give a newbie. Some things im struggling to decide on is type of finish, pt,qtz etc. and also saltwater or liquid dosing. I have three builders lined up to come out as soon as we move in but also considering poolbyowner or similar to save money and use that for better pool :cool: Thanks all for reading and any advice you can give me. Eric

Hello and welcome to TFP! Most definitely ... lots of great info here. I suggest you use the search feature on the home page. Type-in something like, New build, or New Pool" and you'll have tons of threads show up. Some things for you to consider:
- Purpose of the pool (lap swimming, lounging, sports, # of people)
- Type of filtration (cartridge, sand)
- Type of chlorination (Salt Water Generator (that converts salt to chlorine), manual chlorination, or automatic chlorinator (i.e. Stenner)
- Personal touches (waterfall, type of decking, lighting, automatic controls, etc)

The options are endless ... but your checkbook probably isn't. :) So a lot really boils-down to what is a good balance for your money. Read a few forum search threads, then comes back with some specific questions (i.e. which is better, sand or cartridge filter) and you might find that easier to research.

Have a great day, and welcome to TFP. Happy 4th!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.