Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie/build questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie/build questions

Hi all, I will be moving to Keller TX next week and will start talking with pool builders for quotes to build ASAP I will be using this site religiously to be sure I do things right. I have a general idea of what I want but would love any advice ya'll could give a newbie. Some things im struggling to decide on is type of finish, pt,qtz etc. and also saltwater or liquid dosing. I have three builders lined up to come out as soon as we move in but also considering poolbyowner or similar to save money and use that for better pool Thanks all for reading and any advice you can give me. Eric

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie/build questions

Hello and welcome to TFP! Most definitely ... lots of great info here. I suggest you use the search feature on the home page. Type-in something like, New build, or New Pool" and you'll have tons of threads show up. Some things for you to consider:
    - Purpose of the pool (lap swimming, lounging, sports, # of people)
    - Type of filtration (cartridge, sand)
    - Type of chlorination (Salt Water Generator (that converts salt to chlorine), manual chlorination, or automatic chlorinator (i.e. Stenner)
    - Personal touches (waterfall, type of decking, lighting, automatic controls, etc)

The options are endless ... but your checkbook probably isn't. So a lot really boils-down to what is a good balance for your money. Read a few forum search threads, then comes back with some specific questions (i.e. which is better, sand or cartridge filter) and you might find that easier to research.

Have a great day, and welcome to TFP. Happy 4th!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie/build questions

Thanks for the greeting and info Texas Splash. I will continue researching this wonderful site Thanks, Eric