3 way test kit for Intex above ground 26 x 52 pool

mmg328

Jul 4, 2015
Fresno, California
my pool is somewhat cloudy. I have vacuumed it & cleaned the pool floor & walls as they felt slimy, we gave it a weekly shock treatment as recommended as well. we are using hth super algae gaurd, hth 1" chlorine tablets in the filter x 3 as suggested & a 3" chlorine tablet in the skimmer as suggested.
We have a 3 way aqua chem tester and the results are:
CL. 5.0
BR: 11.0
pH: 7.6 ideal
2fd5189a3fc7a73d84e8857877441e92.jpg

is the reading tellinh me the CL & BR results are high?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome! We can help if you are willing to take charge of your pool. It's not hard, just requires for you to lose some old habits ... like going to the pool store or using store-bought test kits. So here's what I would suggest:
- The proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 – link below) is the foundation of your pool care. Why this kit? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.

- A cloudy pool indicates algae is beginning to form and you will need to SLAM. SLAM is the term used when we “Shock” our pool to a higher “Level” of Free Chlorine (FC) and “Maintain” it that way until 3 objectives are met:
1. Water is clear
2. You do not lose any more than 1ppm of FC overnight (that's the OCLT)
3. CC (Combined Chlorine) is <.5
But again, you need the proper test kit to do a SLAM.

Golden rule - Avoid the pool store for testing, advice, or products. You simply won’t get the advice/service you deserve and you will waste money on products your pool doesn’t need. Do not add anything to your pool other than what is advocated by the TFP site or its experts. You’ll have a happier pool, spend less time maintaining your pool, and probably save some $$ in the process. The following are short articles from this site that you will see linked in my signature below: Pool School, Recommended Levels (for YOUR pool), PoolMath Calculator, SLAM, and the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

So get the proper test kit right away and post for us: FC, CC, PH, TA, CYA, and CH.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Welcome to TFP. We look forward to helping you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.