2-Speed Pump and Timer setup

Jun 18, 2015
Madison, AL
My pump is 2-speed model, 240 volt, but it is currently only wired for high speed. The only switch is the dual breaker, which I don't particularly care for, as breakers are typically not rated for as many cycles as an on/off switch. It is also not wired with a timer. I want to upgrade this setup. I definitely want to include a timer. I also think that I'm missing out on the benefits of having 2 speeds, but I don't know exactly what these benefits are. And should I add the means to control both speeds with a timer(s)?

At the very least, I'll put a timer on the high speed setting.

OK. After a bit of research, I don't think that I have a 2 speed pump. The specs show two current ratings, and two voltages. They way they are displayed, it looks like the higher voltage spec goes with the lower current spec, and vice versa. Meaning that both voltage & current ratings result in the same power output... i.e., same speed. It just has the option of being powered with 115 or 230.

After thinking about this a bit more, most of my original question is moot. My only question now is, do I just go for a simple T104 timer, or something digital with more features? I'm leaning toward the T104. I like to keep things as simple as I can.

I have a T104 and it works well. It's simple and gets the job done. There's no reason to waste your $$$ running the pump 24/7. It all depends on what you want the timer to do and how much money you want to spend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.