Jun 20, 2015
Phx Az
I have a Taylor k-2005 kit (along with the FAS-DPD) When using the DPD FC test it consistently shows much lower FC than the FAS-DPD test. This morning for example the FAS-DPD test read 12ppm FC. Using the DPD test with the X2 dilution it only read about 6ppm. Am i doing something wrong?

I'm going to make a big guess and say you may have old reagents. Both R-0002 and R-0003 should be colorless. If they are tinted yellow, toss them (and the results) out.

Personally, I'd listen to the FAS-DPD, if you have fresh reagents and are following the instructions to a "T."

I just didn't want to use the FAS test every day. The best part was that the guy at leslie's gave me both bottles for $5 and said happy 4th of July. So im kinda glad I went. I do have one last question though. :D According to the pool math my FC should be 4-8ppm is it bad that I take it to 12ppm at night? I lose 4ppm on average during the day so by night time im down to 8ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.