Dishwashing liquid / dish soap. Squirt line across pool. Debris clusters at edges.

There is some effect like you are describing when certain chemicals form a layer on the water's surface. However, you shouldn't put soap in the pool. Even if you have a chemical that wouldn't be a problem, the effect is temporary and not worthwhile.

If it's a round pool, get a whirlpool going and everything will end up in the middle where you can bag it with a leaf rake or skimmer.

Casey-LeafRake.jpg
98xc600-LeafSkimmer.jpg

We don't advocate putting anything in the pool if it isn't necessary. And if what you're after is an oily sheen, try a scumball.

My skimmers work, so there is nothing collecting in my pool. Maybe if your pump was shot, you were waiting for a new one, you just mowed and blew grass all over your pool; then that may be a time to pull out the soap. It breaks the water tension causing everything to fall back from where it was put in. Then you could skim just around the edges. Under normal circumstances it's unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.