Hi there! We have just put up an Intex above ground round pool, 15'x3'. We filled the pool about a week ago, and only yesterday began the process of treating the water. A bit late, and I could feel a little slime on the side of the pool, but the water was clear. I tested and corrected the Ph to 7.5. TH was 0, TA somewhere between 0-20, CYA 0. I thought adding shock would provide the FC, and increase the low values, so I shocked the pool. The water turned green almost instantly, so here I am!
I have now visited pool school, and see the error of my ways. I think I understand what I should have done .. but what do I do now?? Can I correct the chemical levels, following recommendations from pool math (add the baking soda, calcium chloride and stabilizer) or do I need to dump the water and start over? If the water can be saved, how long after dumping the shock into the pool should I wait before adding more stuff?