Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: CH question

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    52

    CH question

    I am about 85% certain that I have no need to do anything but just want to check to make sure. I checked everything today with my test kit and my CH is 110. Since I have vinyl, I have no worries in that respect I think. But, I just would like to hear that from someone with experience.

    What I have learned in this monsoon season here in MO is that the pH of rain is lower than from my city water supply and that there is apparently no calcium in rain water!

    Thanks in advance!


    June 2013 24 x 52 Sharkline Heritage AGP (13,500 gal), 2 speed 1 hp pump, 150 lb filter(?), TF-100 test kit
    My first pool ever, pool school student with lots of questions

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    52

    Re: CH question

    Ok, answered my own question by scrolling down and finding someone else with same issue-sorry!


    June 2013 24 x 52 Sharkline Heritage AGP (13,500 gal), 2 speed 1 hp pump, 150 lb filter(?), TF-100 test kit
    My first pool ever, pool school student with lots of questions

  3. Back To Top    #3
    lefty51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of Royals country western MO
    Posts
    451

    Re: CH question

    Quote Originally Posted by hurt5150 View Post
    Ok, answered my own question by scrolling down and finding someone else with same issue-sorry!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I do that a lot myself don't give it a second thought. If it would stop storming every other day around here, I wouldn't have to keep draining water off. If we could just figure out how to get our rainfall and the rain they've gotten in Texas and ship it to California
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    52

    Re: CH question

    Agreed!


    June 2013 24 x 52 Sharkline Heritage AGP (13,500 gal), 2 speed 1 hp pump, 150 lb filter(?), TF-100 test kit
    My first pool ever, pool school student with lots of questions

  5. Back To Top    #5
    JoyfulNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    11,620

    Re: CH question

    Quote Originally Posted by lefty51 View Post
    I do that a lot myself don't give it a second thought. If it would stop storming every other day around here, I wouldn't have to keep draining water off. If we could just figure out how to get our rainfall and the rain they've gotten in Texas and ship it to California
    Believe it or not, there have been proposals floated around over the decades (particularly during droughts) to build massive, nation-wide aqueducts and pipelines to move water from as far away as the Mississippi River to California. It's been proposed as a massive infrastructure project similar to the Eisenhower Administration's interstate highway system.

    Obviously a project of that scale would run into lots of cross-border issues and require a massive budget outlays, but it is an intriguing idea especially considering how much water you guys have in excess.


    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

  6. Back To Top    #6
    lefty51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of Royals country western MO
    Posts
    451

    Re: CH question

    Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Believe it or not, there have been proposals floated around over the decades (particularly during droughts) to build massive, nation-wide aqueducts and pipelines to move water from as far away as the Mississippi River to California. It's been proposed as a massive infrastructure project similar to the Eisenhower Administration's interstate highway system.

    Obviously a project of that scale would run into lots of cross-border issues and require a massive budget outlays, but it is an intriguing idea especially considering how much water you guys have in excess.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not being an engineer, but knowing anything that big costs money, I often wondered if they can pipe oil from Alaska and finished product from Texas City to North Dakota by pipeline, then apparently it has to be profitable to someone for them to get it going !
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •