eng50: New Member just saying hey...

eng50

In The Industry
Jul 3, 2015
Sandston, Va
Hi my name is Bill, I am a poolaholic..lol

I have worked on pools on and off for 20 years. I fully believe in the KISS method which I think is the premise of this site..I have advanced technical knowledge of some major manufacturers systems and am always trying to keep current!

I have a 40k Gallon freeform gunite "test pool" in other words my family pool! that i have debunked and affirmed many new and old procedures in. I can provide pictures if i am allowed or a camera feed to show what my pool looks like day to day and or the system components etc.

My current system is :

20 year old 40000 gal Black Gunite free form pool with an island hot tub in the center of the pool, Hayward Aqua Plus Controller, Hayward Variable speed pump (Just installed 6/24) Solar heat with secondary Heat pump backup, Salt water chlorinator also hayward with the 15 size Cell. The filtration is via TR140 Triton 30+" Sand filter. All of which I have installed myself and maintain myself.

The hot tub in the middle is basically useless and I have converted it to a fountain, when and if it runs..as it is a completely separate pump and filter combo to run.

I am on here to share any and all knowledge I know on similar type systems, especially electronics, hydraulics, and setups. I work FT as a Firefighter Paramedic and pool stuff is my OCD hobby..(I also teach scuba diving for various agencies etc for fun)

Just figured i would say hey and touch base with the members here.

I look forward to sharing of knowledge and seeing hoers great pool setups and learning from them..

BILL

Welcome to the forum Bill!

Suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different. Here's how to do this: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.