Pump to small for filter?

Hey,

I replaced my pump (this spring) and filter (last year) and think I may have screwed up.

I'm traveling more than normal this year, so have hired someone to take care of my pool (horrible I know). This the first year w/ my 3/4 HP Whisperflo pump (which the local pool shop indicated would be just fine). My pool guy is afraid that my pump may be too small for my filter (30" Hayward Sand Filter). He cleans the pool every Friday and has needed to add "clarifier" every week and thinks it may be because my pump is not sufficiently pumping through the filter (i.e. the filter is too big or pump to small). Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. TFP is the best.

My friend has a triton 2 TA100 sand filter, IT IS HUGE, holds 600 pounds of sand, 100 pounds more than yours... He has a 1hp whisperflow 2 speed pump and uses low speed 95% of the time.. His water is TFP clear :)

what I said that for is the bigger the filter, the more filter media and therefore the clearer the water... I would say him taking care of the pool 1 time a week has more to do with it not being clear than the pump or filter...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.