Polaris 380 housing loose

The blue housing of my Polaris 380 is slightly loose in the front, and it won't clean the pool. I've looked at it (sort of, it's cold out there), and I can't figure out why the housing won't stay seated in the front of the unit. I'm assuming that this is the reason it won't pick up leaves.

I have no real experience with the Polaris, other than cleaning out the bag. Anyone have any ideas what could cause the housing to be loose? Am I right thinking that this is the reason it won't clean? How does everyone get their Polaris repaired, send back to the manufacturer?

Does the blue part have a seam all the way down the middle so that it comes apart in two halves, or is it one big molded piece with a smaller piece in the back near the top? A picture of what you're talking about would be a big help.

Depends on how badly out of whack it is as to whether or not it would hurt the cleaner. You could take the blue housing off completely and it would still do it's job, but the housing could be rubbing against a wheel or something.

When you say it won't clean the pool, what is it not doing? Picking up debris, navigating properly, staying on the floor?

spishex said:
Does the blue part have a seam all the way down the middle so that it comes apart in two halves, or is it one big molded piece with a smaller piece in the back near the top? A picture of what you're talking about would be a big help.

Depends on how badly out of whack it is as to whether or not it would hurt the cleaner. You could take the blue housing off completely and it would still do it's job, but the housing could be rubbing against a wheel or something.

When you say it won't clean the pool, what is it not doing? Picking up debris, navigating properly, staying on the floor?

It is one big molded piece.

When the housing is not seated properly in the front, water shoots out of the housing, so it doesn't pick up debris.

I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.