Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's the best SWG for my above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

What's the best SWG for my above ground pool

This is my 3rd summer with the Krystal klear SWG from intex (CS8110). I continue to put salt in because it continues to have low salt alert light. I finally did the water test with the TAYLOR 1766 and it shows to be 3600 - 4600 at various times. Think it's time for a new SWG??
    AG intex pool 12x24x52" apprx 8500 gal. Intex sand filter, Hayward pump 1 HP, 60GPM with added SWG system, Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Vac. (Iron in faucet water)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What's the best SWG for my above ground pool

Could be getting close, 3 years is about the norm. Have you cleaned the cell with diluted muriatic acid? That is a common symptom of a cell with calcium build up. If cleaning doesn't fix it start shopping. I saw the Intex SWGs on sale at Target or Academy earlier this week. I think they are already clearing out the pool stuff. And it hasn't even gotten hot yet! Hey, maybe that's why!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What's the best SWG for my above ground pool

I cleaned with vinegar as per Intex instructions...not really any calcium on it this year. It's still not working, so probably will buy another. Thanks so much
    AG intex pool 12x24x52" apprx 8500 gal. Intex sand filter, Hayward pump 1 HP, 60GPM with added SWG system, Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Vac. (Iron in faucet water)