Need good pool startup contractor

Jul 3, 2015
Keller/Texas
Im looking for a good pool
School, startup and programmer for pentair equipment in Dallas /Fort Worth, Tx. My pool builder went bankrupt and forcing me to finish pool. Have StoneScapes mini-pebble going in next week. Looking for good experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. But welcome to TFP - this is a great place for answers to questions.

I'm in Houston, so I can't give you any help for pool school. But there are quite a few DFW folks here who will come along to help. You definitely need some positive experience after losing your PB!

Take care. Suz.

Try calling Pentair and see if they have a rep in your area that can help you. What ever you do , do not let pool store start you! There is alot of knowledge on this forum and we can help walk you through it. What type of Pentair setup do you have?

Try calling Pentair and see if they have a rep in your area that can help you. What ever you do , do not let pool store start you! There is alot of knowledge on this forum and we can help walk you through it. What type of Pentair setup do you have?

That's a terrific idea, and it gave me a thought. If you don't have any luck through Penair (my first choice), try the group who's installing your mini pebble. They work with lots of builders and renovators and might have an idea of someone who can help.

But knowing the kind of experts here on TFP, I would be inclined to let them walk you through it. Seriously, these people really know their stuff (better than a lot of PB's), AND they sincerely care. Also, they aren't as backed up by rain delays. AND the folks here won't go belly up on you!

Wishing you all the best! Suz.

Hi baingram,
I hope you find some help, especially with regards to your plaster.
TFP does have some guidelines, but many plaster manufacturers will require the plaster be started up by a "pool pro" in order to keep the Warranty in order.

My advice, is if you dont find someone quick, then delay the plaster installation until you get that worked out.
If you feel you may want to try yourself, you will need a proper test kit, and havce the time to do it.
Starting up new plaster can be an intense ordeal, but can be done, if painc doesnt set in.

Im looking for a good pool
School, startup and programmer for pentair equipment in Dallas /Fort Worth, Tx. My pool builder went bankrupt and forcing me to finish pool. Have StoneScapes mini-pebble going in next week. Looking for good experiences.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.