Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need good pool startup contractor

1. Back To Top    #1

Need good pool startup contractor

Im looking for a good pool
    School, startup and programmer for pentair equipment in Dallas /Fort Worth, Tx. My pool builder went bankrupt and forcing me to finish pool. Have StoneScapes mini-pebble going in next week. Looking for good experiences.
    Last edited by tim5055; 07-03-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Rule Violation

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Need good pool startup contractor

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. But welcome to TFP - this is a great place for answers to questions.

I'm in Houston, so I can't give you any help for pool school. But there are quite a few DFW folks here who will come along to help. You definitely need some positive experience after losing your PB!

Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Try calling Pentair and see if they have a rep in your area that can help you. What ever you do , do not let pool store start you! There is alot of knowledge on this forum and we can help walk you through it. What type of Pentair setup do you have?
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

I hope this will help you. SO sad that you have had this bad time

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by rphpool View Post
    Try calling Pentair and see if they have a rep in your area that can help you. What ever you do , do not let pool store start you! There is alot of knowledge on this forum and we can help walk you through it. What type of Pentair setup do you have?
    That's a terrific idea, and it gave me a thought. If you don't have any luck through Penair (my first choice), try the group who's installing your mini pebble. They work with lots of builders and renovators and might have an idea of someone who can help.

But knowing the kind of experts here on TFP, I would be inclined to let them walk you through it. Seriously, these people really know their stuff (better than a lot of PB's), AND they sincerely care. Also, they aren't as backed up by rain delays. AND the folks here won't go belly up on you!

Wishing you all the best! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi baingram,
    I hope you find some help, especially with regards to your plaster.
    TFP does have some guidelines, but many plaster manufacturers will require the plaster be started up by a "pool pro" in order to keep the Warranty in order.

My advice, is if you dont find someone quick, then delay the plaster installation until you get that worked out.
    If you feel you may want to try yourself, you will need a proper test kit, and havce the time to do it.
    Starting up new plaster can be an intense ordeal, but can be done, if painc doesnt set in.

Quote Originally Posted by baingram1 View Post
    Im looking for a good pool
    School, startup and programmer for pentair equipment in Dallas /Fort Worth, Tx. My pool builder went bankrupt and forcing me to finish pool. Have StoneScapes mini-pebble going in next week. Looking for good experiences.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!