CYA dissolve time ?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
When I bought CYA in May, it took several days to dissolve. I bought another container about 3 weeks ago, and used it for the first time yesterday and today. It is dissolving within a few hours!! Does the "freshness" of the CYA have anything to do with the time it takes to dissolve? All were the same Clorox brand and size, purchased at Wal-Mart. I added it to the pool the same way (sock method in the skimmer). I'll retest my CYA again in a few days just to make it comes up the amount I am expecting. This is just an "inquiring minds question", I wondered if anyone had the same experience?

Sent using Tapatalk

I thought it seemed strange...which is why I was concerned, but again I won't be retesting for a few days to give it time to show up. Same sock was used, exact same brand (Clorox), and about the same water flow. Water temp from May to July would have increased about 6-8 degrees...it has been cloudy and cool here the past few days. Water temp was 86 degrees when I looked today and yesterday. Everything I've read about CYA says it takes a good bit of time to dissolve.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.