Intex SWG - 7000 or 15000 gallon model? Also sand filter size questions.

Jul 3, 2015
Nebraska
I'm getting ready to put together my first pool, an Intex 12x30, 1700 gallons. I plan on purchasing a sand filter and SWG for it. My reasoning is I want it to be as low-maintenance as possible.

My question is, is there any benefit to getting the 15,000 gallon SWG vs the 7,000 one? They are about the same price. If the 15,000 is fine and will just run for less time, then why do they even make the 7,000?

I was planning on getting the 1200gph Intex sand filter, is that adequate or should I be looking at larger one? I've read about larger pumps blowing the hoses off these smaller pools. I'm not sure at what size I'll run into mismatched tubing sizes either, I was hoping to avoid that.

I should also mention I plan on upgrading to a 14x42 (3300 gallons) in 3-4 years.

Thanks for your advice.

Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about Intex SWG sizes. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.