TF Test Kit

spaige

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I ordered and got an individual chlorine test kit from TF Test Kits today. The kit seems fine although a scoop was not included. The instructions say to use two heaping scoops but again no scoop was included. It seemed to me that the scoop from my Taylor 2006 would probably work, but the Taylor instructions do not say to use two heaping scoops. Taylor's instructions say "two scoops." Any advice would be appreciated.

The TF100 scoops are the same as the Taylor scoops.

The Taylor directions say to use TWO level scoops. The TF100 directions say to use ONE heaping scoop. The resulting amounts are about the same.

The exact amount of R-0870 used is not normally all that important. You want to use enough so that it turns a solid pink color. In rare cases you need to use more R-0870. If the pink appears and then disappears as you swirl, add some more R-0870.

The missing scoop was an oversight on our part and I'm sorry we missed it.

It is the identical scoop as in the Taylor kit so I'm glad you have one. We'll get the missing scoop out to you tomorrow.

To reiterate what Jason said, the precise amount of powder is not critical so I thought it somewhat simpler to say "one heaping scoop" in the directions.

Thanks guys. That makes perfect sense. No need to send out another scoop since I have one; as a matter of fact I have two.

By the way, I was very pleased with the service provided from TF Test Kits. My order went out the same day and I received it within two days. I also received an individual CYA kit that has an enormous amount of reagent compared to other kits I've purchased. I would highly recommend TF kits to anyone looking to do their own water testing. Thank you again for your prompt replies.

SP

I was out in the yard working on a project and a chill ran up my spine.

A little later, I came in and opened this thread and saw the word "free" had been posted about the same time.......coincidence? I don't think so. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.