Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

TF Test Kit

I ordered and got an individual chlorine test kit from TF Test Kits today. The kit seems fine although a scoop was not included. The instructions say to use two heaping scoops but again no scoop was included. It seemed to me that the scoop from my Taylor 2006 would probably work, but the Taylor instructions do not say to use two heaping scoops. Taylor's instructions say "two scoops." Any advice would be appreciated.
    Steve
    Atlanta, GA

Inground Vinyl, 30,000 gallon, 20x40 Lagoon, Pentair Single Speed 1-1/2 hp Superflow, Pentair SD 80 Sand Filter, Polaris 280 cleaner w/ Booster pump, Pentair Easytouch.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF Test Kit

The TF100 scoops are the same as the Taylor scoops.

The Taylor directions say to use TWO level scoops. The TF100 directions say to use ONE heaping scoop. The resulting amounts are about the same.

The exact amount of R-0870 used is not normally all that important. You want to use enough so that it turns a solid pink color. In rare cases you need to use more R-0870. If the pink appears and then disappears as you swirl, add some more R-0870.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The missing scoop was an oversight on our part and I'm sorry we missed it.

It is the identical scoop as in the Taylor kit so I'm glad you have one. We'll get the missing scoop out to you tomorrow.

To reiterate what Jason said, the precise amount of powder is not critical so I thought it somewhat simpler to say "one heaping scoop" in the directions.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. That makes perfect sense. No need to send out another scoop since I have one; as a matter of fact I have two.

By the way, I was very pleased with the service provided from TF Test Kits. My order went out the same day and I received it within two days. I also received an individual CYA kit that has an enormous amount of reagent compared to other kits I've purchased. I would highly recommend TF kits to anyone looking to do their own water testing. Thank you again for your prompt replies.

SP
    Steve
    Atlanta, GA

Inground Vinyl, 30,000 gallon, 20x40 Lagoon, Pentair Single Speed 1-1/2 hp Superflow, Pentair SD 80 Sand Filter, Polaris 280 cleaner w/ Booster pump, Pentair Easytouch.

5. Back To Top    #5

TF Test Kits RULES! And ordering refills is as easy as your original order!
    (Does that get me anything free, Duraleigh? I have some stuff coming up that I need to order...)
    hahaha
    Todd
    --------------
    Pool: 16x36, 16,800 gal., vinyl, sand filter, SWG & AquaCal Heat Pump
    Spa: Hot Springs Sovereign, 355 gal., ozone/ion
    The most helpful tool you'll ever have for your pool:
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I was out in the yard working on a project and a chill ran up my spine.

A little later, I came in and opened this thread and saw the word "free" had been posted about the same time.......coincidence? I don't think so.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Well said, Dave, just like a true businessman. :P
    You sound like my boss! ha
    Todd
    --------------
    Pool: 16x36, 16,800 gal., vinyl, sand filter, SWG & AquaCal Heat Pump
    Spa: Hot Springs Sovereign, 355 gal., ozone/ion
    The most helpful tool you'll ever have for your pool:
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

8. Back To Top    #8

The advice from this site is worth more than a test kit and it is free!! Thanks to everyone who contributes their knowledge!!
    Steve
    Atlanta, GA