first Post - with Test Results

Jul 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hello. New to the site. We've been having trouble getting our FC up after having our pool pump motor go out. Full sun in Phoenix AZ! Water turned green. Back and forth to the pool store, spending hundreds of dollars on shock, conditioner, more shock, algeacide,phosphate remover, pucks, etc etc. Got the green cleared up but water is cloudy. We set up a signature line which i dont see but hope it will show up with this post.

Bought a decent test kit at Leslie Pools last night (Leslie's total pool care DPD Test kit 18-576) and here are our results:

TC - 0
FC - 0
CC - 0

BR - 1
PH 7.2
TA 110
CH 500+ (off the chart)
CYA at 30 (top of test tube) could still see the black dot so assume we are below 30.

On recommendation from pool store we added a 2nd puck dispenser to the pool since our FC levels were staying so low. That may be why the CH is so high? We have like 8 pucks floating in there right now.

Last edited:
Going to resend and hopefully signature will come up:

Hello. New to the site. We've been having trouble getting our FC up after having our pool pump motor go out. Full sun in Phoenix AZ! Water turned green. Back and forth to the pool store, spending hundreds of dollars on shock, conditioner, more shock, algeacide,phosphate remover, pucks, etc etc. Got the green cleared up but water is cloudy. We set up a signature line which i dont see but hope it will show up with this post.

Bought a decent test kit at Leslie Pools last night (Leslie's total pool care DPD Test kit 18-576) and here are our results:

TC - 0
FC - 0
CC - 0

BR - 1
PH 7.2
TA 110
CH 500+ (off the chart)
CYA at 30 (top of test tube) could still see the black dot so assume we are below 30.

On recommendation from pool store we added a 2nd puck dispenser to the pool since our FC levels were staying so low. That may be why the CH is so high? We have like 8 pucks floating in there right now.

Step One. Get test kit. Almost there! Probably need to add FAS-DPD test kit to be able to test during SLAM
Step Two: Stay away from pool $tore. All that money could have been spent on a GOOD kit and bleach.
Step Three: Read everything in Pool School.
Step Four: Read about SLAM a few times.

Hopefully the experts will be along soon.

I cannot tell what test kit your have from your numbers. How do you test your FC with your test? Drops and watch the color or add powder to turn the water pink?

With your CH so high I am thinking you might need to drain some water. Have you tested the water you use to fill your pool with? Please do so and post the results.

Here are some links to help you start learning about your pool.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Let us know what test kit your have and we will go from there.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.