I do chlorine tests daily sometimes morning then again in the evening.
The other tests I do once per month.
Today for the first time, the CYA is at TFP recommended levels somehow.
Results by date:
FC: 7 7/3
CC: .5 7/3
PH: 7.5 7/3 (my ph is always 7.5 since I moved in the house and balanced it)
CYA: (tested back to full sun, with tube in front of me, waist high)
100 5/9 (dilution method)
1 pouch Bio-active cya reducer used: 5/10
80 5/24 (not dilluted)
I did do a successful mustard algae slam a few weeks back.
Other than topping off the pool about every other week to add about 2-3 inches
of water and 3 back wash cycles during the slam, I have had no other water replacement.
I did run out of CYA re-agent and this test today is the first with the new re-agent
so I ordered the 50 ppm CYA calibration re-agent from TFTESTKITS and will test to confirm my results are sound.
This seems a bit odd though. If it is indeed 40 then maybe the Bio-Active did a lot more but
it was a delayed result. With the chlorine up I don't see how....
This would also explain why I'm losing more FC on sunny clear days (pool gets full sun from 11-5)
I've been doing OCLT every day since the slam just to make sure and I'm not losing
any chlorine over night.