Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dirt going back into pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dirt going back into pool

I have a 13000 fiberglass pool vacuum cleaning with 4 cartridge filters.. I was concerned my sweep may not be working right so I unhooked it from the hose, and used a manual ( me) sweep. The shallow end had a lot of dirt in it. as soon as I began to suck it up which the manual worked well.... the dirt just blew back into a return jet.so..... I just cleaned my filters but they are not new as a matter of fact 2 are over 5 years old. So what do you think? Thanks Dave
    13000 gallon fiberglass, cartridge filters pentair Intelliflo Variable speed Programmable Pump separate booster pump solar panels on roof

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dirt going back into pool

Most of the time when people think dirt is blowing out of their filter it is really just algae in the pool being blown around. Get a filter sock and tie it or hold it over the pool return and see how much stuff it catches. It shouldn't catch anything because nothing big enough to see should be getting past the filter and if there is then there is something wrong with the filter.

Or take FC up to 10ppm and Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to see if anything is growing in the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Not good at all! Hummmmmmmmmmm I would take my filter apart again and make sure everything is seated where/how it should be.

-Are there ANY holes or rips in the fabric of the cartridges? Look close to make sure. If you do not find anything I would really look that there is not something not sitting right or loose.

Feel free to take and share pics.

I LOVE your name LOL. Being a teacher I so understand where you are coming from dansdad! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I will take my filters off again and look and probably replace, and btw kimkats...I hope you'll like my name if you have a dog. dan is short for danny our beloved black and white springer spaniel
    13000 gallon fiberglass, cartridge filters pentair Intelliflo Variable speed Programmable Pump separate booster pump solar panels on roof

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL I love it even better as I am a HUGE animal lover! I have a mastiff/lab mix named Bullet as well as some cats. LOVE IT!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit