Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any engineering types... I'd like your opinion on this custom hydraulic cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Any engineering types... I'd like your opinion on this custom hydraulic cover

I'm buying a new home and it does not have a pool fence, and unfortunately with 4 little ones that is going to be expensive. I've been pondering my options and after 10 years of pool ownership in Georgia I've come to think that this thing I found on youtube may be the perfect solution. It seems simple enough to have built up. What are your thoughts? Design, difficulty, effectiveness, etc.

Hydraulic Pool Cover - YouTube

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any engineering types... I'd like your opinion on this custom hydraulic cover

I have never seen anything like that! WOW! I am going to love watching you do this.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Any engineering types... I'd like your opinion on this custom hydraulic cover

Bet that is ungodly expensive, probably more than the pools cost.

Given enough money and enough time, you can do anything.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

WOW

Long ago and far away I worked in maintenance at a large frozen food factory -- almost all hydraulic motors. So from a mechanical standpoint I would think you could do that with two motors and a pump.

It looks like it would work (well heck -- it does work) I too an concerned about the cost. -- It looks like they built the frame and then galvanized the entire frame.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall