Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Day two and beyond - daily routine

1. Back To Top    #1

Day two and beyond - daily routine

Our pool is up! I tested Ph and Chlorine and they were spot on. The acid is filtering through the sock.
    Daughter is happily swimming

So do I test anything else?

What do you from day two and on? So, my daily schedule now that we've 'opened' the pool.

Thanks!
    Intex 13" x 39"
    upgrade to Intex 1,000 GPH pump
    upgrade to Intex small 7,000 Gallon saltwater system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Day two and beyond - daily routine

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Got you covered!

What test kit are you using?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I'm using the 6 way test for right now. So it has a vial, color chart and a bunch of different bottles for drops.
    Intex 13" x 39"

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a good starter kit. It will at least get you up and running.

Did you have any questions about the link I posted? I have it printed out and tucked inside my test kit for reference. In the beginning I had it hanging on my 'fridge to help me know what needed to be done day to day.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

That's a great idea! Thank you
    Intex 13" x 39"

6. Back To Top    #6

When I first started out, I tested chlorine and PH everyday. Over time, I continued to test chlorine daily but PH became every few days. After three years, I am finally able to test chlorine weekly and PH twice per week because it has a tendency to creep up. I test my CYA/stabilizer a few times each season. The more you test in the beginning, the more familiar you become with your pool and you are able to catch problems, such as algae, before it catches you. Read Pool School and as many forum posts as you can. There is a wealth of information here and you will not regret reading any of it.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks as always! you guys are so helpful!
    Intex 13" x 39"

8. Back To Top    #8

If you get stuck, we're open 24/7.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

It's really not all that hard. Just keep up the FC and maintain the pH. Remove any debris that falls in.

The water will get so crystal clear that a single flower pedal will show up in stark contrast and you will be forced to remove it immediately. And shortly after you reach that stage, you will hesitate to get in any pool but your own. So will your kids - they'll become pool snobs, too.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!