My test results

Good on the chlorine you added. I would test it again after mixing to see if you got the FC that you were targeting.

You can use Pool Math to determine how much baking soda to add to reach your target TA. (Note: my TA is 50 right now and I'm happy with it there as my CSI is good). I'm not sure you need to work on TA right now.

Can you post Calcium Hardness test results? And Combine Chlorine test results?

You probably want to increase your CYA if you are sure it is at 10 ppm. Use PoolMath to determine how much stabilizer needs to be added to reach the 30 to 50 ppm range. Recommended way to add stabilizer is to put it into a sock and hang the sock in front of a return.

The pink color is OK on the TA test. (You add drops until the last drop does not cause a further color change, and don't count that last drop)

Have you used anything else besides bleach for sanitation?
What does the water look like?
If you tested FC=0, you need to shock and probably SLAM depending on the rate of chlorine loss and what the water looks like.
If you added CYA via stabilizer, how long has it been and how much did you add?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that color pink is normal and what they consider red for some reason.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still looking for your CC (combined chlorine) test result. If it's 0.5 ppm or less, that will be good, and a slam may not be needed.

If your unsure about the need to do a slam, perform the OCLT (Overnight Chlorine Loss Test).

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to make sure you know that your FC level should never ever drop below the minimum shown on the CYA/Chlorine chart. Most folks test daily and add bleach daily to achieve that.

2418d95175fcf0e3a98411c5b0b29cef.jpg

14x42 summer escape metal frame pool with 2800 gph intex sand filter pump
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Here is the OCLT.

You are letting your free chlorine get too low. Look at the CYA chart in your signature.

Hopefully you've added stabilizer to target 30 to 50 ppm range. If so, adjust your FC level to match your target CYA level. Do this immediately. You are inviting an algae attack by letting your FC get low.

Looks like you have a TF-100 kit. You should be using the FAS-DPD FC test to get a more accurate reading of FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.