Removing Wet R Dry 725

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Is this even possible? Need to fix a suction side leak. We know where the leak is, so we will cut out the pipe that is causing problems (bad joint), but I need to keep the adaptor (grey pipe in picture).

Curious if i can use sand paper or steel wool to clean pipe once we have it out....
601ce5d6443d0214447efba6381a045a.jpg

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about trying to save that gray portion while replacing the other pieces. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

What does the grey tail piece connect to on the other end? Really hard to get the glue off and still salvage the piece. What are you actually trying to replace?

So you want to cut between the tail piece and the street elbow? Once you do you won't be able to couple them back together. The street elbow won't allow you to adapt anything on the outside of it. Well at least I never tried that as it has some raised print on it so nothing would glue on it correctly.

The leak is where the grey connects to the white? If so, you could try just sealing it up with silicone.. It's hackish but your other options are to replace the adapter or buy a fitting saver tool to try and salvage the adapter...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.