First Test with TF-100 on a new SWG Pool...Oh Lord, please don't let me muck up...

Jun 30, 2015
Meridian, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Okay, so I got my Kit, did my testing, and here are my numbers
FC - 5ppm
CC - 1ppm
TC - 6ppm
TA - 70
CYA - 0

CL - 5
pH - 7.8
With the K-1766 - 4400ppm, this does not correspond with my SWG generated number, which is saying 3400ppm, and I am getting no high salt alarms on the display, are the known to be off by that much, and if so, which number should I go by?

Do these numbers sound reasonable for a new pool, I trust the kit, just want to make sure I am doing and interpreting them correctly, I am eagerly awaiting everyone's responses and inputs!
I did do the poolmath, it says to add 21 oz. of MA, 205 oz. of Baking Soda, 905 oz. of CC, 155 oz. of stabilizer, and to drain and refill 23% of the pool.:colors::confused:

FC - 5ppm-good
CC - 1ppm-high-we will work on this
TC - 6ppm
TA - 70-could be just right
CYA - 0-LOW-we will work on it

CL - 5???Is this the yellow test?
pH - 7.8-kind of high-we will work on it

"I did do the poolmath, it says to add 21 oz. of MA=this will lower the PH so is good,

205 oz. of Baking Soda=not sure why it says this,

905 oz. of CC what is CC?,

155 oz. of stabilizeryes, this will get your CYA up. I would only add about half at a time. Wait a week to test.,

and to drain and refill 23% of the pool"??????????????I wonder why??? Nothing is that off! Hummm I would hold off on this.

I have a couple of links for you to read over.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - Recommended Levels

I am not up on SWG so I will let someone else talk about that.

I forgot to talk about the high CC. I would like you to do a OCLT. Here is the link for it.

Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Kim

I think something in Pool Math got done wrong. No way you need to add 205 ozs of Baking Soda.
Recheck what your entry for TA is and what your pH is and calculate that again.

I concur with jblizzle about the salt. as long as your swg is happy and making chlorine, then thats all that really matters.

Regarding the CC, sometimes that happens, seemingly out of the blue and for no good reason and is gone the next day. With brand new water, this doesnt really surprise me though.
Is your water perfectly clear? If not, that can account for it.
The next step to make sure, is to do a OCLT to rule out anything starting to grow.

Like Kimkats and others note, you need to get some CYA in the pool.
&&&&&& - With no CYA, your FC of 5 is the equivelent of approximately 10% above SLAM level which is very high. Let it come down and target 2-3 until you get some CYA in there, then adjust your FC relative to the CYA addition.

pH is a tad on the high end and could tolerate lowring a bit, but is ok as long as it doesnt go higher.

Okay, so I got my Kit, did my testing, and here are my numbers
FC - 5ppm
CC - 1ppm
TC - 6ppm
TA - 70
CYA - 0

CL - 5
pH - 7.8
With the K-1766 - 4400ppm, this does not correspond with my SWG generated number, which is saying 3400ppm, and I am getting no high salt alarms on the display, are the known to be off by that much, and if so, which number should I go by?

Do these numbers sound reasonable for a new pool, I trust the kit, just want to make sure I am doing and interpreting them correctly, I am eagerly awaiting everyone's responses and inputs!
I did do the poolmath, it says to add 21 oz. of MA, 205 oz. of Baking Soda, 905 oz. of CC, 155 oz. of stabilizer, and to drain and refill 23% of the pool.:colors::confused:

I am back, I had to test the pool, shoot off the results, and thenow run to town and have just returned to check the responses. I think I am going to retest water a couple of more times to see that my results are repeatable, and then start making the required adjustments. The water is as clear as a bell, so I just want to be sureleased when I start adding. Good to hear that about the salt test jbizzle, I was holy moly I screwed that up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.