In ground return repair using hose & Clamps?

EVChargeGuy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Ok, so I just opened up the pool and one of the returns was leaking like a Geyser .
Removed a bunch of the pavers and found that when my pool repair company re-installed the Loop-Loc last year they drilled into one of the returns to set one of the anchors.

After some digging, cutting, etc. they repaired the return by replacing a section of PVC. They glued one end and used reinforced hose with double SS hose clamps on the other end. I have used reinforced hose with double SS hose clamps in marine applications where pressures have been far greater then my pool system can create so I’m comfortable with the process, But I didn’t bury them in the ground?

Has anyone used or seen this type of repair for pool use?
IMG_0191.jpg

Pipe is not buried yet as my paver guy wants to do all the backfill and re-install pavers. Expect him here sometime next week

I agree the shielded no-hub would have been a better choice.
Spoke to the Pool Company and their standing firm on the repair and are guaranteeing it. They have been stellar with all of their work, have been in Biz for 30+ years, just builds & repairs, no maintenance work. They’re picking up all costs involved

I think I cut a larger diameter PVC pipe and clam shell it around the hose to protect it from rocks, whatever.
Thx

I used a telescoping coupling and it worked great.. it was on my lawn sprinklers that are at 70 to 75 PSI...

here is a 1.5 inch Red Flag Products 1-1/2-Inch PVC Slip Fix Telescoping Repair Coupling with Union (White) - - Amazon.com
here is a 2 inch Amazon.com : Red Flag Products 2-Inch PVC Slip Fix Telescoping Repair Coupling with Union (White) : Patio, Lawn Garden

here is a video about them, I used the second 1 shown..

here is my fix :)
7fWkHVQh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.