Clueless new (above ground) pool owner

We just recently bought and put up an intex 24'x52" pool and added a SWG. I didn't completely follow directions when putting the salt in the pool, so it was more of a 3-day process. The SWG has been reading "low salt" since we got it and now the pool is green. We had clear water for a couple of days. I'm not sure what to do. I've read some threads on here but I don't understand the lingo and my head is spinning just trying to understand what I'm reading. PLEASE HELP.

Allison! HI! We have you covered! Take a deep breath and let it out slow...............................Okay here we go.

One thing at a time------how are you testing your water? What are you using for bleach/chlorine? Liquid bleach? Tablets?

The first thing you REALLY need to do is get your own test kit. There is really no other GOOD way to take care of a pool. Look in my siggy to find the test kits we use and love. With you having some green already you will really need to get the TF-100 because it has more of what you will need.

Now for some light reading until you get your test kit.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

As you can see most of it can be bought at Walmart! How neat it is that????

Let me know when you are ready for you next step.

HUGS!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.