Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raising cya level from 60 to 70

1. Back To Top    #1

Raising cya level from 60 to 70

Hello happy I found this site the recommended lever of cya in my salt water pool according to this site is 70-80 ppm I wanna raise it from 60-70 since I'm new at much liquid stabilizer should I use and where do u pour it? Thx for the help I have a 30000 gallon inground if that helps

2. Back To Top    #2
    East of Royals country western MO

Re: Raising cya level from 60 to 70

Hello Alibar83 and welcome to TFP,
    If I may Before adding anything to your pool, might I ask what your are testing your water with.
    Also I would suggest looking around the site here. Pool Math is a calculator that can tell you exactly how much to add AND what it will do to the other chemicals in your pool.

If you have a GOOD test kit, please post some numbers and a number of people will be along to help

As far as adding stabilizer, the recomended method is to use granules in a sock and hang in front of your return or set in the skimmer.

Hope this helps you get started and others will be along with greater and better detail
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Welcome to TFP! As lefty mentioned, we would feel better giving advice if we knew what test kit you are using. You'll understand why we ask soon. Also, in the future, just get the granule stabilizer (i.e. from Wal-Mart). Much cheaper than the liquid.

Lastly, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Poolmath is your friend,
    Pool School - PoolMath

also, more on Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them here.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach