Raising cya level from 60 to 70

Jul 3, 2015
Newyork
Hello happy I found this site the recommended lever of cya in my salt water pool according to this site is 70-80 ppm I wanna raise it from 60-70 since I'm new at this.how much liquid stabilizer should I use and where do u pour it? Thx for the help I have a 30000 gallon inground if that helps

Hello Alibar83 and welcome to TFP,
If I may Before adding anything to your pool, might I ask what your are testing your water with.
Also I would suggest looking around the site here. Pool Math is a calculator that can tell you exactly how much to add AND what it will do to the other chemicals in your pool.

If you have a GOOD test kit, please post some numbers and a number of people will be along to help

As far as adding stabilizer, the recomended method is to use granules in a sock and hang in front of your return or set in the skimmer.

Hope this helps you get started and others will be along with greater and better detail :D

Welcome to TFP! As lefty mentioned, we would feel better giving advice if we knew what test kit you are using. You'll understand why we ask soon. :) Also, in the future, just get the granule stabilizer (i.e. from Wal-Mart). Much cheaper than the liquid. :)

Lastly, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.